Road closures and flooding updates for Queensland
Police are advising motorists to avoid the area of the Bruce Highway between Giru and Home Hill, in the Townsville area due to local flooding.
Residents are advised to stay away from the Haughton Bridge at Giru as it is currently one meter below but rising rapidly as of 8.15am today.
The Bruce Highway north of Ingham is currently closed at Francis Creek and Seymour Creek. Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Yellow Gin Creek is now open to all traffic.
The Bruce Highway at Reed Beds and the Sari Road intersection is currently open to 4WDs and trucks only.
Residents of Ingham area advised to keep off the roads at this stage due to the rising flood waters and localised flooding in the township area.
The highway from Cardwell to Cairns is currently open to all traffic.
For further information regarding weather and road condition, check out the following sites;
· Bureau of Meteorology website for up to date weather information, including up-coming forecasts;
· The Traffic and Travel information line on 13 19 40 or http://131940.qld.gov.au
· RACQ road closure site on 1300 130 595 or http://www.racq.com.au/travel/maps_and_Directions/road_conditions
· For more information about flood and cyclone preparation and emergency kits can be found at www.disaster.qld.gov.au;
· Monitor local councils and local radio stations for local information and updates.
07 3015 2444