BizSafe provides the opportunity for small to medium sized businesses in Queensland to work with police to help reduce the risk of crime, by attending introductory and elective workshops, and completing security assessment forms and course manuals.
The Introductory Workshop, which runs for about two hours, gives participants:
- Facts about business crime in the local community, its prevalence and cost
- Introduction to risk management and the risk assessment process
- Information about conducting a business security assessment
- Strategies that can reduce crime risk
For more information:
BizSafe Booklet ( 771.92K )
Following a BizSafe workshop, local Police District Crime Prevention Coordinators can also provide individual businesses with talks on a range of business security topics from the program. These talks include:
- Preventing shoplifting and stealing
- Preventing robbery
- Preventing burglary
- Personal safety for the business community
- Preventing fraud
- Risk managementHow can you find out more about the BizSafe Program?
Contact your Police District Crime Prevention Coordinator (DCPC) through your local Police Station or call the Community Safety and Crime Prevention Branch on 3234 2111.