The Seniors Forum is facilitated by the Queensland Police Service (QPS) and was established as an outcome of a 2004 Seniors Task Force which recommended the QPS coordinates biannual seminars on crime against seniors.
The purpose of the Seniors Forum is to bring together different interests and perspectives to examine issues of concern for the QPS and the Seniors community.
Organisations represented on the Seniors Forum include;
• Department of Communities, Office for Seniors and Office for Volunteering
• Queensland Health, Older Persons Health Team
• Australian Pensioners & Superannuants League
• Older People Speak Out
• Ethnic Communities Council of Queensland
• Happy Seniors Club
• Council on the Ageing Queensland
• National Seniors Australia
• Queensland Transport
• Probus Association of Queensland
• Association of Independent Retirees
• Queensland Country Women’s Association
• Relationships Australia
• Queensland Association for Healthy Communities Inc
The Seniors Forum continues to meet on a biannual basis in April and November. For further information please contact the Community Safety and Crime Prevention Branch on Ph: (07) 3234 2111.