In the event that the Brisbane CBD Emergency Plan is enacted a number of actions will be taken to manage the flow of traffic within the CBD. These actions may impact upon you. It is important to be aware of this to assist in the formulation of your individual, family and business plans.
As each incident will be managed on a case by case basis, the impact to traffic to and from the CBD will vary. The Brisbane CBD Emergency Plan has provided a framework to support the decisions being made in regard to traffic management.
In the case of significant event within the CBD likely response may include:
- restriction of access to and around the incident;
- restriction of traffic to the CBD;
- disruption to normal public transport services;
- direction given by emergency services for evacuees to self evacuate by foot, car or available public transport; and
- direction given to move evacuees to a particular emergency support site, where upon transport to outer areas will be made available.
The Plan incorporates the Brisbane Metropolitan Transport Management Centre (BMTMC) where coordination of the road network through established traffic plans will be managed. The BMTMC web site also contains online traffic updates which may be of use in the event of an incident within the Brisbane CBD.