Skip links and keyboard navigation

Emergency Phone Numbers

Crime Stoppers:

1800 333 000


131 444

Client Service Issues

Client Service Issues

The Queensland Police Service (QPS) has a Client Service Charter which outlines the obligations of the Service to the Queensland Community and its expectations from those who we serve. The QPS welcomes constructive feedback on the performance of our client services.

This web page is provided to enable you to provide positive feedback or make a complaint about the provision of client services by the QPS or an individual officer. However, remember that police officers have to enforce the law. Often people complain about issues or individual police officers when it is actually a particular law that they do not like. It is also mindful to remember that sometimes, due to organisational factors beyond their control, officers cannot immediately attend to your complaint.

Please use the information contained in this page to decide if your client service issue is a matter where you would like to leave positive feedback or a complaint against the QPS, an individual officer or a matter that can be resolved by a senior manager within the QPS such as the ‘Officer In Charge’ of a Police Station.

Favorable Comments

Often good work by Police Officers goes unacknowledged. If you wish to provide positive feedback about an issue or an officer you can do so by:

  • Telephoning or arranging to meet the Officer in Charge of the Police Division where you live
  • Writing to the Officer in Charge of the Police division you live or where the officer/s are stationed (use link above)
  • Using the web based feedback located on this website on the ‘Contact Us’ page; or
  • Writing to the QPS.  Please address your letter to the ‘State Complaints Coordinators Office’ Ethical Standards Command Police HQ 200 Roma Street Brisbane 4001.

Complaints Against Members of the Service

If you believe a member of the Queensland Police Service has behaved inappropriately, you may make a complaint.  However, remember that police officers have to enforce the law; often people complain about police officers when it is actually a particular law that they do not like.
To assist you in deciding how to proceed with you matter please down load the following guide. This guide will fully explains the QPS complaints processes and how you go about making a complaint:

General Assistance

You can attend any police station and seek assistance from officers there in resolving your issue. Click on the Station Locator link to find your nearest police station.

Persons Requiring Special Assistance

The QPS is sensitive to the needs of culturally specific groups within the Queensland Community. To assist officers who are taking your complaint the QPS has a number of specially trained persons to assist you, your support person and the officer taking your complaint.

If you are a member of the Queensland Community or a visitor to Queensland requiring assistance, the QPS will be sensitive to your cultural and/or special needs.  Police officers will also work in partnership with you and other specialist QPS areas such as the Cultural Advisory Unit, Cross Cultural Liaison Officers, Police Liaison Officers, Multilingual Staff and source external assistance such as translating and interpreter Services where required. This will ensure that the assistance and advice provided to you is fair and does not place you at a disadvantage. 

To assist persons who are visually impaired please visit or contact your local police station in the first instance.  The officers there will make arrangements to assist you to make your complaint.  You may also use the TTY (also known as a teletypewriter or a text phone) facility to contact Police Headquarter on 3364 4655 for them to assist you.

To assist the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex Communities the QPS has a number of specially trained liaison officers who are available to assist the Police Officers taking your complaint.  Alternatively you may directly contact one of the liaison officers to assist you in making your complaint.

Last updated 21/08/2013