Subpoenas & Civil Actions - Legal Liaison Unit (LLU)
Role – About Us
The Legal Liaison Unit is attached to the Office of the Queensland Police Service Solicitor. The Legal Liaison Unit:
- Is the authorised delegate to accept service of summonses and subpoenas and other formal notices to produce records on behalf of the Commissioner of the Queensland Police Service (QPS).
- Ensures that legal process served on the Commissioner is complied with and records are produced to courts and tribunals within required timeframes;
- Processes requests for information under statutory record release schemes other than Right to Information (RTI) legislation e.g. section 134A Evidence Act 1977;
- Provides information to the public as well as legal practitioners who wish to obtain QPS documents for the purposes of court proceedings.
If you are a party to court proceedings, and require QPS documents please refer to the relevant court or process below:
- Magistrates Court
- District, Supreme & Children’s Court
- Federal Magistrates Court & Family Court
- Interstate Courts
- Evidence Act & Notice of Non-Party Production (Civil Proceedings Only)
It is strongly advised you read the Important Information section before requesting any documents from the QPS.