​Ride Safe

Motorcycle clubs / groups wishing to register their group rides with police, use the Ride Safe Online Registration Form.

Party Safe

To register your party with local police use the Party Safe Online Registration Form.

Event Safe

Event organisers wanting to register their non-profit community fundraising event with local police, use the Event Safe Online Registration Form.

In addition, if your event requires road closures you will need to make an application in person with the Officer in Charge of the police station where you intend to conduct the event.

This form is not to be used for public protests and/or public assemblies which must be registered by completing the Notice of Intention to hold a Public Assembly form and handing in at a police station with at least 5 days notice.

Alternatively, you may attend the Magistrates Court nearest to where the assembly will be held with at least 5 days notice.

Special Event Permits

To run a special event in Queensland, organisers must obtain written approval from the Queensland Police Service (QPS) and the public or private authorities responsible for the roads the event will use. 

A special event is defined by the Queensland Transport Operations (Road Use Management- Accreditation and Other Provisions) Regulations 2005. It is an event which is wholly or generally of a public nature, uses or affects the operation of public roads, may require full or partial road closures or altered traffic conditions and involves some inconsistency with the usual operation of the Queensland Road Rules. 

 If you are unsure if your event is a special event you should first co​nsult with the Police in the area you intend to hold the event. Refer to attached links for further information: