Effective security measures reduce the opportunity for crime and should be adapted to suit the needs of your business.
Consider developing a business safety plan for your business which includes some of the following:
- Conduct a Business Security Assessment
- Identify suitable Security Treatments
- Read the Securing your business fact sheet
- Consider Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design principles
- Always use installed security devices and systems
- Identify areas for immediate changes and areas that require longer term changes
- Provide Keyholder information to police and keep this information up to date
- Mark property for identification (see Property Identification)
- Keep asset lists up to date
- Review your business insurance protection
- Provide staff training in business security and store policy
- Regularly update and review business security plan/s as appropriate (Weekly,monthly or yearly).