BizSafe provided the opportunity for small to medium sized businesses in Queensland to work with police to help reduce the risk of crime, by attending introductory and elective workshops, and completing security assessment forms and course manuals.
The Introductory Workshop, ran for about two hours and covered:
- Facts about business crime in the local community, its prevalence and cost
- Introduction to risk management and the risk assessment process
- Information about conducting a business security assessment
- Strategies that can reduce crime risk
For more information:
Following a BizSafe workshop, local Police District Crime Prevention Coordinators also provide individual businesses with talks on a range of business security topics from the program. These talks included:
- Preventing shoplifting and stealing
- Preventing robbery
- Preventing burglary
- Personal safety for the business community
- Preventing fraud
- Risk management
Please read the above booklet and Contact your Police District Crime Prevention Coordinator (DCPC) through your local Police Station; if you would like to learn more about these topics.