Australian drug labs produce a range of illicit drugs including:
- Amphetamines and methylamphetamines – commonly referred to “speed” or “ice” and are highly addictive
- 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) – street name “ecstasy”
Heroin and “home-bake” heroin
- Lysergide (LSD)
- Gamma hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) – street name “fantasy”
- Paramethoxyamphetamine (PMA)
- Other chemically-based dangerous substances.
Drug labs can also include cocaine extractions, synthetic cannabis manufacture and indoor hydroponic cannabis grows. Marijuana grows present risks, ranging from the ingestion of moulds and other harmful substances to the potential for electrocution.
Synthetic drugs are produced using highly toxic chemicals mixed together with
other substances. The end product is highly toxic, corrosive, flammable and can
present a real risk of explosion.