In this section you will find information on:
- acquiring a weapon
- antique weapons and information for collectors
- importing weapons
- disposing of firearms
- buying a weapon held in safekeeping or placing a weapon in safekeeping
- registering an unregistered firearm
- what to do if your firearms are lost or stolen
- acquiring weapons from a deceased estate
- acquiring Category H weapons for sports/target shooting; and
- measuring Category H barrel lengths.
Specific requirements apply for organisations wishing to publicly display weapons.
Key Messages to Consider
Prior to submitting your application please review the Key Messages for further information