To apply for a Permit to Acquire you will need to:
- Have an valid current Weapons Licence or have applied for a Queensland weapons licence
- Be eligible to apply
- Know the category of weapon you are applying for. You can only acquire a weapon of the category(ies) endorsed on your licence or the category(ies) you have applied to be licensed for
- If you are applying for a Category B, C, D, E, H or M weapon, you must have a valid reason for acquiring the weapon
- Depending on the type of weapon and the reason you are acquiring it, you may need to supply supporting documentation
- Be aware of all the steps in the PTA application process, including your obligations once you receive your Permit to Acquire.