Ensure you are aware of the general requirements for applying for a weapons licence.
You can now apply online for a Weapons Licence, submit all the documents and pay using credit/debit Mastercard or Visa.
You can still apply for a licence using a paper application form. You will need to submit it along with the required documentation and payment at a police station.
Below you will find the supporting documentation requirements and specific information to apply for this type of licence. Failure to submit all the required documentation will result in delays in processing your application.
To apply for an Armourer’s licence you must supply the following supporting documentation with your application:
- Proof of address
- A current safety course certificate for any categories that you are not currently licensed for
- Details of your intended client/market base
- Your understanding of the legislation as it affects a licensed Armourer
- Written advice of the security precautions to be taken to ensure the safekeeping of all weapons to be stored, including an indication on whether or not these precautions meet the requirements of sections 79-87 of the Weapons Regulations 2016
- Details of the location and construction of the premises where you propose to operate the business
- A copy of your current registered business/company name, providing details of the type of enterprise (e.g. Sole proprietor, partnership etc) including the extract detailing the office holders of the company/business
- Where you intend undertaking this work
- Written approval from your local council certifying that the intended land use for the business complies with local by-laws or stating there is no objection to the business operating from the business operating address
- Details of all qualifications and experience relevant to performing the functions of an Armourer. This may be in the form of a resume and may contain referees from person/s within the industry
- Skills you possess that allow you to perform the functions of an Armourer, having regard to individual and public safety
- Equipment you possess to enable you to perform the functions of an Armourer; and
- Current passport quality photograph.
This licence can be issued for categories A, B, C, D, E, H, M & R.