​(Form 16, Form 31)​

An Armourer is required to maintain the following;

Armourers Register - Register of Transaction Involving a Weapon –
Licensed Dealer/Armourer/Collector/Theatrical Ordnance (Form 16)

Form 31 – Certificate of Firearm/Weapon being Permanently Inoperable

These may be purchased from OfficeMax.  Purchase Order Form

For a step by step visual guide on how to complete the registers and forms required for licensed Armourers download the Dealers & Armourers Information Pack.

Armourer’s Register

This is the Armourer’s record of all transactions involving a weapon coming into or leaving the Armourer’s possession.  You will be required to produce this register to police for inspection at any reasonable time. 

This register is to be retained by the licensee until the licence is surrendered, suspended or revoked, at which time the licence and the register must be surrendered to the local police for forwarding to Weapons Licensing where a full desk top audit and reconciliation will be conducted.  On ceasing to trade, all registers are to be surrendered to police to enable a reconciliation of the register.

A weapons register can also be a computer register approved by the Commissioner.  If using a computer register, the licensed dealer must, no later than the seventh day of each month:

  • produce a printout of the part of the register that records information about transactions that took place within the previous month; and
  • bind the printout in book form with all the other printouts produced under this subsection of the licence.  This printout must also include a statement that identifies all weapons held under the licence as at the end of the previous month by their type, action, make, mode, serial number, calibre or magazine capacity.

A firearm is deemed to be unlawfully in possession of the Armourer if it is not entered in the register without reasonable excuse.

Certificate of Inoperability (Form 31)

For any weapons that you either inspect to confirm inoperability or render permanently inoperable, you must provide Form 31 – Certificate of Firearm/Weapon being Permanently Inoperable.

A copy of the 'Form 31' must be forwarded to Weapons Licensing.​