Ensure you are aware of the general requirements for applying for a weapons licence.
You can now apply online for a Weapons Licence, submit all the documents and pay using credit/debit Mastercard or Visa.
You can still apply for a licence using a paper application form. You will need to submit it along with the required documentation and payment at a police station.
Below you will find the supporting documentation requirements and specific information for your genuine reason. Failure to submit all the required documentation will result in delays in processing your application.
To apply for a Dealer’s Licence you must supply the following supporting documentation with your application:
- Proof of address
- Details of your intended client/market base
- Your understanding of legislation as it affects a licensed weapons Dealer
- Details of the location and construction of the premises where you propose to operate the business
- Written advice of the security precautions to be taken to ensure the safekeeping of all weapons to be stored, including an indication on whether or not these precautions meet the requirement of sections 78-87 of the Weapons Regulation 2016
- A copy of your current registered business/company name providing details of the type of enterprise (e.g. sole proprietor, partnership etc), including the extract detailing the office holders of the company/business
- Written approval from your local council certifying that the intended land use for the business is in compliance with local by-laws or stating there is no objection to the business operating from the business operating address
- You must provide details of all dealer’s associates. Your associates will each need to complete Form 34 – Licensed Dealers Associate Details
- A current safety course certificate for any categories that you are not currently licensed for; and
- Current passport quality photograph.