Ensure you are aware of the general requirements for applying for a weapons licence.
You can now apply online for a Weapons Licence, submit all the documents and pay using credit/debit Mastercard or Visa.
You can still apply for a licence using a paper application form. You will need to submit it along with the required documentation and payment at a police station.
Below you will find the supporting documentation requirements and specific information for your genuine reason. Failure to submit all the required documentation will result in delays in processing your application.
Applying for a Security Licence – Organisation (Category C, E & H)
This licence relates to persons or bodies seeking to provide security services by licensed employees. A separate licence is required for each location armed security services are provided from.
For example, a security organisation has offices in Townsville and Cairns where they wish to provide armed services. A Security Licence - Organisation is required for each location.
To apply for a Security Licence - Organisation you will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Proof of Address
- Information that verifies there is a need for you to provide an armed service. Please supply a list of your potential clients and letters on company letterhead which include the following information:
- the author’s name, address and contact number/ s
- the nature of the services required by the business (eg. cash escort)
- the frequency of the services required (eg. twice per week); and
- the perceived risks that require the possession of a weapon
- A copy of the organisation’s operating procedures/guidelines for employees when using weapons in the course of their occupation
- A copy of the current registered business or company name providing details of the type of enterprise (eg. sole proprietor, partnership, etc) including the extract detailing the office holders of the company/business
- Details of address where business will be conducted from
- Written approval from your local Council certifying the intended land use for the business is in compliance with local by-laws or states there is no objection to the intended business operating from the business operating address
- A copy of a current Security Firm’s Licence (SFM) issued under the Security Providers Act 1993 in the name of your business
- A Statement of Attainment as proof of your successful completion of the approved training course for Security Licence (Guard), issued within the last twelve months and detailing the date the certificate was awarded, the categories of weapons in which you have been deemed competent and the name of the registered training provider OR current security licence (guard)
- A description of the facilities in place for the storage of weapons including details of the safe/vault location, construction and weight; and
- Current passport quality photograph.