Ensure you are aware of the general requirements for applying for a weapons licence.
You can now apply online for a Weapons Licence, submit all the documents and pay using credit/debit Mastercard or Visa.
You can still apply for a licence using a paper application form. You will need to submit it along with the required documentation and payment at a police station.
Below you will find the supporting documentation requirements and specific information for this type of licence. Failure to submit all the required documentation will result in delays in processing your application.
To apply for a Theatrical Ordnance Suppliers Licence you will need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Proof of address
- A copy of a certificate or document certifying completion of the approved weapons safety course for the categories of firearms applied for
- A copy of a certificate of the applicant's registered business/company name providing details of the type of enterprise (eg. sole proprietor, partnership etc), including the extract detailing the office holders of the business/company
- Documented verification from local council/authority of approval for the business to be conducted at that premises
- Written approval from the local council certifying that the intended land use for the business is in compliance with local by-laws
- Evidence of the applicant’s involvement in the film, television or theatrical production industries (i.e. references, previous employment etc)
- Full description of the activities the applicant wishes to undertake under the licence
- Advice as to the security precautions to be taken to ensure the safekeeping of all weapons to be held by the applicant. This should include an indication on whether or not these precautions meet the current standards set by the Act (Sections 78 - 87 of the Weapons Regulation 2016 refers); and
- Current passport quality photograph.