Anyone 18 years of age or over may apply for a Queensland Weapons Licence provided they satisfy the following criteria:
- Are a resident of Queensland (proof of address required on application)
- Are a fit and proper person
- Have not, within the past five years, been convicted of a disqualifying offence including misuse of drugs, misuse of weapons, the use or threatened use of violence, or been the subject of a domestic violence protection order
- Have a genuine reason for a licence
- Can demonstrate appropriate training in the safe use of firearms; and
- Have access to secure storage.
Persons 11 to 17 years of age may apply for a Minor’s Licence.
You can apply online for a Weapons Licence. Make sure you have done your research and collected all the supporting documents you need for your application.