Right to Information aims to make more information available, provide equal access to information across all sectors of the community, and provide appropriate protection for individuals' privacy. Further information about Whole of Government policy and the relevant legislation is available from www.rti.qld.gov.au.
For further information or enquiries, please contact our office on (07) 3364 4666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you wish to make a right to information application, please go to Apply for Information.
- Is the authorised delegate to accept service of summonses and subpoenas and other formal notices to produce records on behalf of the Commissioner of the Queensland Police Service (QPS).
- Ensures that legal process served on the Commissioner is complied with and records are produced to courts and tribunals within required timeframes;
- Processes requests for information under statutory record release schemes other than Right to Information (RTI) legislation e.g. section 134A Evidence Act 1977;
- Provides information to the public as well as legal practitioners who wish to obtain QPS documents for the purposes of court proceedings.
- Magistrates Court
- District, Supreme & Children’s Court
- Federal Circuit Court & Family Court
- Interstate Courts
- Evidence Act & Notice of Non-Party Production (Civil Proceedings Only)
Should you require documents for court, please contact the Subpoena Team on Phone: (07) 3364 6093. Please note that the Subpoena Team require 10-14 business days to process an application.
Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available from the department. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by the Queensland Police Service. The information has been grouped into the following seven classes:
All information and documents accessible via our publication scheme are provided free of charge. We will endeavour to meet all reasonable requests for an alternate hardcopy format of the document.
The QPS Publication Scheme was last updated on 20 March 2017.
Documents released under the Right to Information Act is are progressively published via our disclosure log. Our disclosure log provides details of information released in response to non-personal Right to Information requests made to the Queensland Police Service. It contains a description of the information released and, where possible, a link to that information The information has been categorised fortnightly.
If you are seeking access to your own personal information, you can apply under the Information Privacy Act 2009. If you are seeking access to non-personal information not available in our Publication Scheme, Disclosure Log or by Administrative Access Schemes you should apply under the Right to Information Act 2009. Information on how to make an application for information is provided in this link.
If you wish to provide feedback or make a complaint in relaiton to the content published, please complete our online feedback form.
Our administrative access schemes provide information available for purchase on application to either the Queensland Police Service or other agency holding the information. Fees associated with the purchase of documents within administrative access schemes are provided on ourQPS Schedule of Fees and Charges 1 July 2016
If you are a party to court proceedings, and require QPS documents please refer to the relevant court or process below:
Contact Us: You may direct general enquiries regarding Right to Information and Information Privacy to either email@example.com, by telephone (07) 3364 4666 (9am to 4am) or facsimile +61 7 3364 4675. Voicemail recording will activate after 4pm. Note: For all overseas residents, please use our email address or facsimile.